What is the Montana Apprenticeship Tax Credit?
This state tax credit provides businesses financial incentive to launch new, or expand their current training programs through the Montana Registered Apprenticeship unit at the Montana Department of Labor & Industry.
- $750 tax credit for each new apprentice, or;
- $1,500 tax credit for each new apprentice that is a veteran;
- Tax credit takes effect for 2018 tax year;
- Tax credit takes effect once apprentice has completed probationary period or after 6 months, whichever is earlier;
- The tax credit may be applied for each qualified apprentice’s training program for length of training program or up to five years;
- Program guidelines will be available by January 1, 2018.
To learn more about the Montana Apprenticeship Tax Credit or to launch or expand your own registered apprenticeship program please contact:
Montana Registered Apprenticeship